Learn more about the latest Cybersecurity news in the July edition of our monthly Security bulletin, prepared by our Senior Security Analysts.
July hot topics:
- Duration of ransomware attacks in 2021 averaged 92.5 hours, measured from initial network access to payload deployment.
- Municipality of Palermo in Southern Italy suffered a cyberattack, which appears to have had a massive impact on a broad range of operations and services to both citizens and visiting tourists.
- Most ransomware groups are now focusing their attacks on ESXi VMs since this tactic aligns with their enterprise targeting
- Microsoft says BlackCat ransomware affiliates are now attacking Microsoft Exchange servers using exploits targeting unpatched vulnerabilities
- Linux Malware Deemed ‘Nearly Impossible’ to Detect
The modern cybersecurity threat landscape is constantly evolving. New vulnerabilities and zero-day attacks are discovered every day, while the old vulnerabilities still exist. Mitigating modern cyber threats require solutions for continuous monitoring, correlation, and behavior analysis that are expensive and require a significant amount of time to be implemented. Moreover, many organizations struggle to hire and retain the expensive security experts needed to operate those solutions and provide value by defending the organizations. The ASOC (Advanced Security Operations Center) by Telelink Business Services allows organizations to get visibility, control, and recommendations on improving their cybersecurity posture for a fixed and predictable monthly fee.